Well May has passed in a blur even though on paper we had very little planned. With a mere two flights home this month it was a very quiet month on the travel front despite having two bank holidays this month. I haven’t explored anywhere new at all but given how busy the past three months have been, it has been nice just spending time in Glasgow. It is just a shame we haven’t had some of this beautiful weather than the south of England have been having!
Most Popular Blogs Published This Month
Saving Money For Travel – Top Picks From What Other Travel Bloggers Say – In this post I round up some of the best travel blogs about saving money for travel and write out my top tips. Saving is something I need to work on in the next few months so I’m hoping I can put my research to good use.
Top Ways To Travel as a Student – As I keep talking about I will be starting university in September and because of this I am going to have to change the way I travel. I have been trawling the internet for ideas of how I can travel as a student cheaply, there really is a lot of options out there it seems.
My Month In Numbers Infographic
Highlight(s) Of The Month
So there has been a few highlights of this month, all personal and life based as like I mentioned above I haven’t done any travelling this month.
- My best friend got married and I was bridesmaid for her – the whole weekend was fantastic despite tiring. It was such a weird thing seeing someone my own age getting married but oh so lovely at the same time. She looked beautiful and I wish them all the happiness in the world. I’m also waiting for their mini-honeymoon pictures because I was living my travel through them in Barcelona this month!
- I completed my 10k Race For Life in 47 minutes that’s 13 minutes quicker than I was hoping. Needless to say I was sore for an entire week after and still haven’t gotten back in to my gym routine. I have now set myself the goal to complete a half marathon next year.
- MY CAT HAS BEEN FOUND, you might remember last month I wrote about my cat being missing well six weeks and two days later she has been found – shut in a stable block. How on earth she survived for that long without water and food I will never know but it just reminds you how amazing some animals are! I now cannot wait to see her in June when I visit my parents home.
- I got a new job. I’m sure I have mentioned this in a few of my month summaries as well as on social media but I have had nothing but hassle with jobs in Glasgow however this month I got myself another job being a host in a popular west end restaurant called Panevino. The food and atmosphere is awesome so come say hi.
- Enjoying a rare night out at the beginning of the month it was my boyfriends birthday and we spent the evening enjoying the famous American style diner that is Hard Rock Cafe followed by watching Pompeii at the cinema. It is so rare we go out for food or a film that I enjoyed it much more than a normal person would.
Lowlight Of The Month
Well apart from not travelling, not visiting anywhere new and just generally having very itchy feet this month. My lowlight is failing a skills literacy test – this test is something I have to pass my August so that I can begin my degree course in September. I wouldn’t be so miserable about failing but as I only needed one more mark to pass, I was pretty gutted! Still I have another chance to o the test so all is not lost.
Blogs Posts I’ve Loved This Month
Flora The Explorer – Falling for a Traveller: My on the road relationship – This post was from the heart and totally honest, I absolutely loved it. When you are a full time traveller I don’t think people understand how hard it is to make a relationship work, especially when you both have different plans. This certainly makes you understand the reality of that.
Taylor Hearts Travel – Things to do in London: #7POW – I have recently started following Taylor Hearts Travel and I love her weekly features from a roundup of travel competitions to her #7POW. This particular post about London was brilliantly written and full of quirky ideas. Knowing that I will be living in London come September I am on the look out for anything fun and quirky I can fill my spare time with.
Backpacker Banter – The true cost of travelling – Chris writes so honestly about everything, the amazing parts of travel and the not so amazing parts. The topic of this one is something any traveller can relate too, and I certainly found it comforting to read that other people can also count the amount of ‘real friends’ they have on one hand.
Coming Next Month
Unfortunately June will be another month with very little travel, so I will be making the most of my time in Glasgow and hopefully exploring some of this beautiful city as the build up to the commonwealth games begins. I have a few more posts to share with you about places I have already travelled to this year along with some more money/student travel talk. And maybe by the end of June I will have travel plans for the first two weeks of September…