Confessions and Announcing My Next Big Trip

Confessions and Announcing My Next Big Trip

Let’s start with the confessions.

This past month has been one of a struggle. I have just not had time to keep up with life.

I’ve been dealing with the changes to my living conditions, trying to maintain a long distance relationship, keep up with my university studies, juggle my three jobs and fulfil the commitments I made months ago (like photographing a wedding and completing the classroom part of my TEFL course).

It’s amazing I’he had time to eat and sleep over the past four weeks.

You know what the biggest forfeit has, been my time online. Time to keep up with Twitter, post on Instagram, read other people’s blogs and most important actually blog on my own. I didn’t even manage my normal two posts this week.

sun in heart

And there is worse to come…

For my university course I have to spend a certain period of time each academic year in school on ‘placement’. The first half of that commences on the 9th of November for four weeks. My time will need to be devoted to planning lessons, working towards assignments and just generally kicking ass at being a trainee teacher. Unfortunately, again, blogging is going to be pushed to the bottom of the pile of importance.

Basically what I’m trying to say is the blog and all my social media platforms maybe a little quite for the next month and a bit, as I get my head down and focus on what is important for my degree.

BUT

There is some good news. I have purchased plane tickets for a super exciting trip. Probably my biggest trip  since returning from my gap year.

I am off to Brazil. Or to be more precise Rio de Janeiro for Christmas and New Year.

rio de janeiro

Those of you who have spoken to me at recent blogging events will already know this news but my boyfriend will be moving to this crazy city in November for a year. He will be working on the 2016 Olympics and of course this is a great excuse for me to visit, several times. So this trip will mark the beginning of handful of visits to this part of the world, including a three month stint over the summer (hopefully). I could not be more excited to finally reach South America and my sixth continent.

On this first trip I am going to be getting familiar with this new city, trying new food and of course enjoying the summer heat. And this is where you guys come in… Have you been to Rio de Janeiro? Can you give me tips for my first time visiting the city? What are the must do things? How should I celebrate New Year? Basically anything you think will help, I’d love to hear it or be linked to a blog post.

So there you have it my confessions of being a terrible blogger recently (and for the next month) and my exciting plans for my next big trip.

Jodie Signature

15 Comments

1. 27th October 2015 / 11:38 am

I look forward to reading all about your adventures in Brazil!! Very lucky!

Leonie ♥ Lo On The Go

• Jodie Louise
      Author
      27th October 2015 / 9:17 pm

Thanks Leonie 🙂 Cannot wait to share them!

2. 27th October 2015 / 12:15 pm

Life sounds crazy busy, I bet you can’t wait to escape to Brazil! I think it’s vital to focus on what is important, or you’d go mad trying to balance all those plates!

• Jodie Louise
      Author
      27th October 2015 / 9:16 pm

Oh totally, some times you just have to stop balancing and focus on the most important things. At least I have Brazil to look forward to after the craziness of the past few months.

3. 27th October 2015 / 12:21 pm

Hi Jodie, try not to worry too much about not having time to blog. As I often say, I have no idea how you fit everything in and the important thing to focus on right now is your studies (and I have no doubt you will do amazingly well in your placement). Brazil is going to be amazing and it will give you something exciting to look forward to as you get your head down over the next month or so. Good luck with your placement!

• Jodie Louise
      Author
      27th October 2015 / 9:14 pm

Thanks Emily! Sometimes it’s hard to remind myself that studies are the most important thing but I know it will pay off eventually. So excited for Brazil and having something to look forward to after this round of placement 🙂

4. Nathalia
    27th October 2015 / 12:58 pm

Hi, Jodie!
    I’ve been reading your blog for quite some time because I love to travel too.
    I’ve been thinking about traveling around South East Asia and that’s how I found The Little Backpacker.
    Anyway, it’s great to hear you’ll be coming to Brazil. I hope you love it!
    I live in Rio and recommend staying at least a week in the city.
    New Years is a big party here – we all go to the beach dressed in white to watch the fireworks.
    I hope you have the chance to see more of the country and South America, one of the most beautiful parts of the world I think.

• Jodie Louise
      Author
      27th October 2015 / 9:13 pm

Hi Nathalia, thanks for following my blog 🙂 I hope you’ve managed to find enough help about South East Asia – one of my favourite places to travel. I will be spending several long trips in Rio over the next year and I couldn’t be more excited, already planning the party for New Year. Would love to hear more of your tips!

5. 27th October 2015 / 4:04 pm

I’m having the same problem with finding time to blog lately, but I’m trying to tell myself that I shouldn’t feel too stressed or guilty about it as that just adds to all the things going on and that’s a big load to put on yourself!

Wow, Brazil! I’m so jealous, I’d love to visit there/South America. I know how hard long distance relationships can be so you have all my good wishes!! But once you have a system it works 🙂 Can’t wait to hear about your trip(s) there!

• Jodie Louise
      Author
      27th October 2015 / 9:11 pm

Thanks Kirsten. Getting stressed about not blogging really is the worst because then it becomes more of a chore than a enjoyable hobby. It just kinda needs to happen. I’m so excited for Brazil and finally getting to visit South America but I’m equally nervous for the start of a long distance relationship.

6. 27th October 2015 / 6:25 pm

Jodie, this is going to be such an exciting trip for you! I was trying to get down to Rio to see the World Cup. I’m hoping maybe Olympics now? I even went so far as to try and research jobs I could take during the games! I’ll be so excited to follow along with your trip. I can’t blame you for easing up on the social media game, though. Grad school has definitely got the best of me. Good luck to you!

• Jodie Louise
      Author
      27th October 2015 / 9:09 pm

Hopefully you can make it for the olympics, the atmosphere will be amazing during that time. I cannot wait. I am so excited for this trip 🙂 I know blogging and keeping up with studies is such a hard juggle – sometimes it’s easy other times it’s a nightmare!

7. 27th October 2015 / 10:21 pm

I don’t think you realise quite how fab a blogger you are – if I ever get 2 posts up in a week, that’s a flipping brilliant week for me and I’m sat there patting yourself on your back and for you, that seems to be the minimum! I’m so excited for your visit to Brazil and hope it will make the distance between you both a bit easier. I went to Rio last year so there’s a few posts on my blog about Iguassu falls, street foods in Rio and this one’s a bit of an overview of a few of the top sights
    Hope you have an amazing time!

8. 27th October 2015 / 10:24 pm

That’s awesome! How exciting that he’s working on the Olympics. You’ll probably get a really good unique insider look at Rio with his knowledge. Definitely an inspiring light at the end of a tunnel of work :). You’ll deserve it!

9. 28th October 2015 / 6:14 am

Wow Brazil that is so exciting! So happy for you, how do you find out about travel events?
    Sam